[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - question concerning an Entity Manager and its associated JDB

markreyn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 9 16:16:49 EST 2009

I'm working with a team on a application which uses Seam 2.1 with JBoss AS 5.0. We plan to use JPA with the Hibernate provider.

I'm investigating at what point an entity manager actually obtains a JDBC connection from a pool and how long it holds onto the connection. Does the EM acquire a jdbc connection when it is instantiated and hold on to it for its full lifetime or does it only obtain a connection during persistent operations life find, persist, and during transactions?

Is this behavior defined as part of the JPA spec or does the behavior vary by implementation?

Mark

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4208289#4208289

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4208289