[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: 4.2 to 5.0 upgrade: UNRESOLVED Demands 'jboss.ejb:servic

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 10 05:46:57 EST 2009

"drichm" wrote : Do you mean ejb3-timer-service.xml? - we do not use EJB2

Nope, i meant ejb2-timer-service.xml :)

Currently EJB3 is not using the EJB3TimerService being deployed through ejb3-timer-service.xml.

"drichm" wrote :
  | Are there annotations that cause it to be 'sucked in'?

Not annotations, but hidden within the code:

  | protected void registerEJBContainer(Container container) throws Exception
  |    {
  |       ObjectName on = container.getObjectName();
  |       String name = on.getCanonicalName();
  |       DependencyPolicy dependsPolicy = container.getDependencyPolicy();
  |       dependsPolicy.addDependency("jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService");

To understand what exactly is going on with the deployments, you will have to tell us if you removed the ejb2-timer-service.xml :) And if possible please post the console logs.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4208463#4208463

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4208463