[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Bug? Multiple interfaces in the implementation causes Deploy

dsteinwe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 10 10:58:12 EST 2009

Hi,

i have declared a mbean like that example:

MyServiceMBean.java
@Service(objectName="MyApplication:service=MyService")
  | @Management(MyManagementInterface.class)
  | public class MyServiceMBean implements MyManagementInterface {
  |
  |   public void printOut(String text) {
  |     System.out.println("Given text: " + text);
  |   }
  |
  | }

MyManagementInterface.java:
public interface MyManagementInterface {
  |   public void printOut(String text);
  | }

Works so far fine. BUT if I write following in "MyServiceMBean.java":
public class MyServiceMBean implements MyManagementInterface, org.quartz.TriggerListener {
  | }

I get a deployment exception:
org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error deploying xyz.jar: Error creating ejb container MyServiceMBean: Bean Class xyz.MyServiceMBean has no local, webservice, or remote interfaces defined and does not implement at least one business interface: MyServiceMBean

I was a little bit confused about this message. Extending MyManagementInterface from org.quartz.TriggerListener works fine but trashes the management interface in the jmx-console. Adding @Local(MyManagementInterface.class) to the MBean the deployment works fine and keeps the management interface clean.

But is the annotation really neccessary? Is this behaviour intended?

Cheers Dieter.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4208641#4208641

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4208641