[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Portal to portal Redirection

aspdeepak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 11 04:20:54 EST 2009

I am using
Jboss App server jboss-4.2.2.GA
Jboss portal 2.7.0 G.A
DB Mysql 5.0

I have 3 portals portalA, portalB, portalC.

PortalA is the default portal. It should act as a Controller.
i.e based on the UserRole It has to Redirect to either portalB or PortalC

I have obtained the users/Role information successfully in the defaultpage of the PortalA.

But when i tried to redirect the user to particular portal from portalA, I am still remaining the portalA with out any redirection.

I have used the following ways to redirect but in vain response.sendRedirect(<absolute_portalName>)

RequestDispatcher rd = request.getRequestDispatcher(relative_portalName>)

The <absolute_portalName> I have given is the http://someserver/portal/portal/portalB/portalB

The <relative_portalName> I have given is the /portal/portal/portalB/portalB

I have also tried the different combinations including the /portal/auth/portalB/portalB since all the portals A,B,C are secured.

I am confused that either jboss portal does'nt support Redirection or am i using a wrong way to redirect.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4208899#4208899

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4208899