[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Dashboard configuration - drag and drop

vivek_saini07 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 11 10:29:56 EST 2009

We have achieved something similar in our project.

"diparc" wrote : Thanks for a quick response.

  | I modified the jboss-portal.sar/conf/config.xml to change the following property to "dashboard"
  |
  | dashboard
  |
  | Also, i noticed that the "template" portal is defined in "/jboss-portal.sar/conf/data/default-object.xml"
  |
  | but it seems that it copies only the "template" portal defined here

On dashboard, they always copy "template" for every user. It is hard coded in CustomizationManagerService(check getDashboard() method)). It is a MBean so it is plugable. You can modify it according to your need.
"diparc" wrote :
  | I have a separate war file for my application and that has all xml files specific to the portal I am building - i.e., it has its own portal-object.xml which is loaded correctly and i can access the pages in this portal -
  |
  | I renamed my portal defined in the portal-object.xml to "template" but when I access the dashboard it has the one defined in default-object.xml.
  |
  | I am going to try to remove the "template" portal from default-object.xml
  | so that it has only one template portal and see if that will work -
  |

  | I had another question -
  |
  | it seems like there can be many portals running under a portal server but there can only be one dashboard. can there be more than one dashboard ?

Yes you can modify this mbean as you want. In our project we copied the  different portal to Dashboard according to  group association of user. Every user see's different dashboard according to their group.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209107#4209107

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209107