[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Antoine_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 11 12:39:43 EST 2009

Hello,

this is about the memory available for class loading.

It looks like the default value of this part of memory is not enough.

I don't know what is the minimum requiered, but I personnaly have set much more.
I set this in the options of the JVM :
-Xms384m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=384m

-XX:MaxPermSize is to tell the JVM to provide more "Perm" memory.

start with 128 or 256... and if you have again some "PermGen space error", add some more.

over the past two years, I had regularly to add some.
it looks like that JSF is asking a lot of classes to be loaded (several for each type of component), ... and the needs for a server/JVM that runs some jsf is much more than other java applications.

the portal, in the sample and in the administration, is now using jsf... that is why it asks more Perm.
the portal engine, (pur java) is not asking a lot by itself.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209166#4209166

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209166