[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Create table warning... Need help!

ablegreen27 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 11 15:31:36 EST 2009

Everyone:

I recently moved JBoss AS 5.0.0.GA from Hypersonic to MySQL.
I believe I have resolved all resulting issues, except for this
rather irritating CREATE TABLE warning related to the
QuartzTimerServiceFactory (which occurs when starting
the server), shown below:

14:27:24,500 WARN  [QuartzTimerServiceFactory] sql failed: CREATE TABLE QRTZ_JOB_DETAILS  (  JOB_NAME  VARCHAR (80) NOT NULL,  JOB_GROUP VARCHAR(80) NOT NULL,  DESCRIPTION VARCHAR(120) NULL,  JOB_CLASS_NAME   VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL,  IS_DURABLE VARCHAR(1) NOT NULL,  IS_VOLATILE VARCHAR(1) NOT NULL,  IS_STATEFUL VARCHAR(1) NOT NULL,  REQUESTS_RECOVERY VARCHAR(1) NOT NULL,  JOB_DATA BLOB NULL,  PRIMARY KEY (JOB_NAME,JOB_GROUP)  )

In my own efforts, I have thus far determined that:

1. The QRTZ_JOB_DETAILS table is properly created on the
first bootup of JBoss AS.  Once created, future startups
present the above warning.

2. It has been suggested in other blogs/forums that a possible
resolution is to set CREATE_DB_ON_STARTUP = FALSE within
the server/xxx/deploy/ejb3-timer-service.xml file, but this
does not appear to have any effect.

My own educated guess is that some JBoss AS code attempts
to create the appropriate tables based upon the specs found
in the ejb3-timer-service.xml file on each startup of the server,
where the first startup creates the tables, and all future
startup attempts fail (obviously) since the tables already
exist (hence the warning). It would seem to me, however,
that the server code would check to see if the tables
already exist before attempting to create them, thereby
avoiding unnecessary warnings. This leaves me with that
aching feeling that I have not resolved an existing problem.

After an exhausting search on the web, I am frustratingly
out of ideas for the moment. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209227#4209227

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209227