[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: @EJB injection in JBoss 5 application clients?

bcn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 12 05:26:48 EST 2009

For those interested:
I tried it and it works perfectly in the described way on the same host.

Next step was to try it from a remote computer, as an application client usually is not installed on the server. So I copied all jars and replaced the jndi IP, but I got:

  | 2009-02-12 10:51:35,821 WARN [main][org.jboss.client.AppClientMain] - <Failed to
  |  launch using: org.jboss.ejb3.client.ClientLauncher>
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: Incompletely deployed:
  |
  | *** DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES: Name -> Dependency{Required State:Actual S
  | tate}
  | ClientContainer -> null{Installed:** UNRESOLVED JndiDepends: 'ConverterClient/me
  | taData' **}
  |
  |         at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.deployment.AbstractKernelDeployer.internalVa
  | lidate(AbstractKernelDeployer.java:290)
  |         at org.jboss.kernel.plugins.deployment.AbstractKernelDeployer.validate(A
  | bstractKernelDeployer.java:174)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.client.ClientLauncher.validate(ClientLauncher.java:471
  | )
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.client.ClientLauncher.launch(ClientLauncher.java:269)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.client.ClientLauncher.launch(ClientLauncher.java:174)
  |         at org.jboss.ejb3.client.ClientLauncher.launch(ClientLauncher.java:138)
  |         at org.jboss.client.AppClientMain.main(AppClientMain.java:134)

Using jBoss 5.0.0 GA.

One thing I noticed was that the class path does not contain the client classes or the client.jar. That means all classes are fetched from the server?? When I included the client class and its dependencies in the class path of the launcher script, it worked also on a remote machine.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209413#4209413

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209413