[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Generating XML documents

bdalgleish do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 12 13:31:52 EST 2009

I am currently evaluating JBoss/Seam. I am comfortable with the front end (user facing) portion of the system. What I cannot find out so far is how to generate XML documents that would go into our publishing chain.

Once our application constructs the database entries, I want to then produce a number of reports, each of which is generated from a DocBook-formatted file to eventually produce HTML, XHTML, XML, PDF, RTF and other documents. Other publishing chains including producing XML documents in various schemas.

While we can certainly have Java write out the requisite XML the old-fashioned way, I was hoping to be able to use the high-leverage capabilities of JSF/Seam to allow rapid development of new report formats. The other alternative I am exploring is generating raw XML from the database and XSLT to massage it into the desired format.

Does anybody have experience generating XML, more particularly DocBook, and sending it to a publishing chain? At least writing it to a file where it can be picked up and published.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4209667#4209667

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4209667