[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBM clustering scenario

jbabad do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 16 08:57:42 EST 2009

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=149834

This is related to another posting (http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=149834) - but with a slightly simpler setup.

I have two clustered JBoss instances (JBoss1 and JBoss2) using a single MySQL database as the message store (InnoDB engine)
client1 sends messages in  - connects  to Jboss1 (Node 0)
client2 receives messages - connects to Jboss2 (Node 1)

I send in 40000 messages.

During the send - client1 and/or client2 display the following message..

  | 11:08:13,730 INFO  @Thread-10 failureDetected(FailoverCommandCenter.java:117) [FailoverCommandCenter
  | ] JBoss Messaging server failure detected - waiting for failover to complete...

The client then waits 60s and continues. It does not appear that the clients have moved to another JMS connection (on every send/receive I print out the connection serverID and it doesn't change).

After the test completes - there are messages still in the database associated with Node 1 (i.e. channel ID in JBM_MSG_REF, corresponds to Node 1 in JBM_POSTOFFICE). The receiver program will not read them.

Now, if I stop JBoss2 - the messages failover to Node 0
Then, re-start  JBoss2 (Node 1 channel_id is refreshed in the database) and run client2 - the receiver - it still doesn't get them.
Now stop JBoss1 - the messages fail-over to Node 1.
Run the receiver (client2) now - it will pick up the messages

OK...
1. To get to the source of the problem - what will trigger the initial exception? How much of a network glitch and how  can we tune this?
2. Please can someone explain why it appears that fail-over has to happen in order to release the messages?

BTW, I have run the example programs for a distributed queue and it appears to work OK.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210345#4210345

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210345