[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Simple 2 Server Setup

hatleye do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 16 20:28:01 EST 2009

This, i thought, was going to be a simple Proof of Concept of how JBoss Messaging was intended to be used, but I am at a dead end. I have read the manual, and found nothing concrete on this, but it could be a fundamental understanding on how JBM works with a Serverless queuing system.

I would like to take 2 App Servers with JBM(both successfully installed via the tool) on individual machines, put a message to one of the app servers, and have the appserver on the second machine process the message (via MDB subcriber). Posting everything to one appserver was extremely easy to do, but there I am having trouble making the leap to having 2 JBM installations "speak' to each other.

Assumptions
-This idea would make use of topic type messaging
-The AppServer would communicate the information through the bisocket protocol
-The Client to the topic queue would not need to know anything about machine #2.

So i guess my questions would be around:
-how do you verify a bisocket communcation is set up?
-Is this what JBM was intended to do?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210554#4210554

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210554