[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Role Authorization problem with Custom Authenticator

vparmar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 17 03:32:04 EST 2009

Hi brengl, anyone,

This obviously is a newbie question so try to answer even if it sounds trivial. I am using JBoss-4.0.5-GA, JDK 1.5.

Currently, I am in the process of writing a Custom Form Authenticator and have an idea how to do it in jakarta-tomcat-5.0.28.  The reason I need a custom Authenticator is for obtaining extra information from the User via the Form. I also have to do the Authentication from a non-Database/ non-LDAP source using APIs. For which I believe I have to write a custom Login Module as well. The Authorization (Role-Mapping) will be available from a Database.

My Question to you ( since you have taken the similar route)

1) What are the configuration/settings required for JBoss?. Please specify/elaborate the contents for web.xml, jboss-service.xml.) From your original post I do some idea. However I would like to make sure nothing was omitted for brevity.

2)Did you manually modify the catalina.jar ( Authenticator.properties) to enable JBoss to recognize the Custom Auth Method? If no, then how is it possible?
3) Where to install the Custom Authenticator Jar?
4) Any Gotchas one needs to be aware of?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

vparmar

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210589#4210589