[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Calling protected ejb method from anoter

drfranknfurter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 17 06:10:30 EST 2009

I need some help on the following scenario:

@RolesAllowed("role1")
ejb1.secureMethod1

@RolesAllowed("role2")
ejb2.secureMethod2

secureMethod2 has to be protected, but I have to call the method from ejb1. When I call it from ejb1 I want the container to ignore the security as the user possibly don't have the role. From a business point of view it is OK to call it from ejb1 without the role, but not from another place.

I have tried AccessController.doPrivileged with no success. It seems I misunderstood it's purpose.

I believe my security setup is correct as I am able to do this if the user has the required role, but fails if he doesn't.

Thank you in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210637#4210637

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210637