[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Context issues

tomsimmons do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 17 09:21:45 EST 2009

Hi Folks

I am using Eclipse to develop an application, I have JBoss integrated with it and all is working fine.  In a JSP page I have added an output that displays:

request.getServerName = localhost
request.getServerPort = 8080
request.getContextPath = test1
request.getServletPath = index.jsp

As I expect when I reference css, javascript includes etc I use /test1/css or similar.  Similarly inside the css's I can use /test1/images... for access to images and everything works fine.

The problem I have is that when I deploy to the test or production servers all my references are wrong.  When I investigated I found that there was no context...

request.getServerName = test1.comp.com
request.getServerPort = 80
request.getContextPath =
request.getServletPath = index.jsp

I'm not responsible for the configuration of the servers, but I'm wondering if someone can explain to me how there is no context on the server?

To release the file all I do is copy the WAR and SAR into...

c:\jboss-4.2.0.GA\server\default\deploy

Until I understand this I'm going to have to sort out the nice directories I created for each area of the project so all pages are in the root.  I didn't create this project, I've inherited it and to be honest I'm not convinced it's configured correctly.

Tom

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210700#4210700

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210700