[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Accessing EJB's with custom annotations.

bryan.kearney do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 17 10:24:51 EST 2009

I dont know if this is an EJB or a Microcontainer question, but I will post it here. I am working with JBoss 5.0 GA. I would like to be able to annotate my session beans with a custom annotation (say @BK) and be able to interrogate the EJBs with this annotation at load time. Using interceptors is too late, since I do not get access to the object until contstruction. I looked at the @Install annotation from the beans metadata to capture beans when they are loaded but that is not viable. Is my best path to write a custom deployer? It seems like the doco hints at being able to add custom helpers/callbacks but the doco is not complete.

My use case is to have a registry of beans which implement a command pattern. So, at runtime a single controller can access the registry to determine which command to call.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210728#4210728

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210728