[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - exploring JBPM 4: some questions

luigiexp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 17 11:45:19 EST 2009

Hi,
I hope someone can help me with these problems in jbpm4

1) Referring to the example in the JBPM 4.0 Developer Guide (par 2.2. Persistent execution mode) if I try to create a processDefinition in the PVM context, then when I try to deploy it I get the following exception:

[DefaultCommandService] exception while executing command org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cmd.DeployCmd at 17e6a96
  | java.lang.NullPointerException
  |       at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.svc.DeploymentImpl.getFileNamesForType(DeploymentImpl.java:401)
  |       at org.jbpm.jpdl.deploy.ParseJpdlDeployer.deploy(ParseJpdlDeployer.java:38)

2) Futhermore,  if I try to execute the following code (see the example in the developer guide)

EnvironmentFactory environmentFactory = new PvmEnvironmentFactory("environment.cfg.xml");

  | ProcessService processService = environmentFactory.get(ProcessService.class);
  | ExecutionService executionService = environmentFactory.get(ExecutionService.class);
  | ManagementService managementService = environmentFactory.get(ManagementService.class);
  |
  | ClientProcessDefinition processDefinition = ProcessFactory.build("loan")
  |   .node("submit loan request").initial().behaviour(AutomaticActivity.class)
  |     .transition().to("evaluate")
  |   .node("evaluate").behaviour(WaitState.class)
  |     .transition("approve").to("wire money")
  |     .transition("reject").to("end")
  |   .node("wire money").behaviour(AutomaticActivity.class)
  |     .transition().to("archive")
  |   .node("archive").behaviour(WaitState.class)
  |     .transition().to("end")
  |   .node("end").behaviour(WaitState.class)
  | .done();
  |
  | Deployment deployment = new Deployment(processDefinition);
  | processService.deploy(deployment);

I get other problems:
- PvmEnvironmentFactory does not exist anymore
- It is not possibile to use the costructor  new Deployment(processDefinition)  since now Deployment is an inteface.  If I try using the class  new DeploymentImpl(processDefinition) I get the exception showed at the point 1)

3) If I try to get a process already deployed, I could use the ProcessService.findProcessDefinitionById (or findProcessDefinitionByKey) but the ProcessDefinition do not allow me to access to the data that are available in ProcessDefinitionImpl.
If I try a cast it does not work.  How can I get the processDefinitionImpl (I mean the process infos such as nodes, events and so on) ?

4) is there a way to contact the developers to signal possible problems?

Thanks
Luigi

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4210763#4210763

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4210763