[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Hibernate Tools: The chosen transaction strategy requires ac

viniciuscarvalho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 18 06:06:55 EST 2009

Hello there! I've already used Hibernate tools on previous projects, now I've migrate to 3.0 version. And tried to configure an hibernate configuration for my jpa project (it is not a facet on eclipse, its just a plain java project with annotations).

Well, here's my persistence.xml

  | <persistence>
  |   <persistence-unit name="myPU">
  |     <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>
  | 	<jta-data-source>jdbc/myDS</jta-data-source>
  |     <properties>
  |       <property name="hibernate.connection.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect"/>
  |       <property name="hibernate.Log" value="DefaultLevel=WARN, Tool=INFO"/>
  |       <property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="false" />
  |       <property name="hibernate.format_sql" value="true" />
  |       <property name="hibernate.generate_statistics" value="true"/>
  |       <property name="hibernate.session_factory_name" value="java:/mySessionFactory"/>
  |     </properties>
  |   </persistence-unit>
  | </persistence>

and I've created an hibernate-console.properties:

  | #File used by hibernate tools to override <datasource> and other container specific settings in persistence.xml
  | hibernate.connection.password=root
  | hibernate.connection.username=root
  | hibernate.connection.driver_class=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
  | hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect
  | hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mydb
  |
  | hibernate.connection.provider_class=org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider
  | hibernate.datasource=
  | hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class=

But when I open the sessionfactory I get tho following exception:

  | Error
  | Wed Feb 18 07:56:38 BRT 2009
  | org.hibernate.HibernateException: The chosen transaction strategy requires access to the JTA TransactionManager
  |
  | org.hibernate.HibernateException: The chosen transaction strategy requires access to the JTA TransactionManager
  | 	at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:329)
  | 	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1294)
  | 	at org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(AnnotationConfiguration.java:915)
  | 	at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration$3.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:399)
  | 	at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:64)
  | 	at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:93)
  | 	at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.buildSessionFactory(ConsoleConfiguration.java:394)
  | 	at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.workbench.LazySessionFactoryAdapter.getChildren(LazySessionFactoryAdapter.java:43)
  | 	at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.workbench.BasicWorkbenchAdapter.getChildren(BasicWorkbenchAdapter.java:99)
  | 	at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.workbench.BasicWorkbenchAdapter.fetchDeferredChildren(BasicWorkbenchAdapter.java:105)
  | 	at org.eclipse.ui.progress.DeferredTreeContentManager$1.run(DeferredTreeContentManager.java:234)
  | 	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

What am I missing here?

Regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211019#4211019

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4211019