[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - configuration of cache when moving from JBoss 4.2.3 to JBoss

tugman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 19 05:09:53 EST 2009

Hi all.

I have a EJB3 based app running in JBoss 4.2.3.  I'm trying to move it to JBoss 5, but I'm having problems with the new cache configuration.

I'm trying to configure it via jBoss microcontainer as seen in documentation:

http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbosscache/freezone/docs/3.0.2.GA/userguide_en/html/deployment.html#deployment.microcontainer

Should it be configured in jboss-cache-manager-jboss-beans.xml ? Or a separate file ?

Then i'm trying to access it (with no success) like I was doing in JBoss 4.2.3 :

	MBeanServer mbserver = MBeanServerLocator.locateJBoss();
	ObjectName objName = new ObjectName("my.cache:service=MyCache");
	myCache = (Cache) mbserver.getAttribute(objName, "Instance");

I suspect that the cache is not even being created because I can't see it via jmx-console. It used to appear in JBoss 4.

After reading the documentation, I'm not getting it to work in JBoss 5.

Thanks in advance!
Regards.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211382#4211382

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4211382