[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Oracle XA datasoruce with jboss

spaluvuri do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 19 06:37:25 EST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to configure the jboss with oraclexa datasources.
I want two databases to be configured in the configuration file.

I do not know how to configure two databases in xa.
The following is my one of the datasource.

Can anyone please let me know

how can i give the configuration for the second database?

Are there any other settings do i need to take care of?

I dont know whether i am giving the correct configuration.

please let me know.

  <xa-datasource>
    <jndi-name>Name1</jndi-name>
    <track-connection-by-tx></track-connection-by-tx>
    <isSameRM-override-value>false</isSameRM-override-value>
    <xa-datasource-class>oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>
    <xa-datasource-property name="URL">url1</xa-datasource-property>
    <xa-datasource-property name="User">test</xa-datasource-property>
    <xa-datasource-property name="Password">test123</xa-datasource-property>
    <!-- Uses the pingDatabase method to check a connection is still valid before handing it out from the pool -->
    <!--valid-connection-checker-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleValidConnectionChecker</valid-connection-checker-class-name-->
    <!-- Checks the Oracle error codes and messages for fatal errors -->
    <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
    <!-- Oracles XA datasource cannot reuse a connection outside a transaction once enlisted in a global transaction and vice-versa -->
    <no-tx-separate-pools></no-tx-separate-pools>

  </xa-datasource>

    <depends optional-attribute-name="TransactionManagerService">jboss:service=TransactionManager

Thanks
Sreenivas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211423#4211423

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4211423