[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: where to set the database properties while installing jb

santoshkumarsamala do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 19 12:47:09 EST 2009

there was only file mysql-ds.xml I have removed even that, now i am getting following error

  | 12:41:11,381 INFO  [DatasourceConnectionProvider] Using datasource: java:JbpmDS
  | 12:41:11,381 WARN  [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
  | org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.lang.NullPointerException)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.xa.XAManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(XAManagedConnectionFactory.java:144)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:577)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.getConnection(InternalManagedConnectionPool.java:262)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$BasePool.getConnection(JBossManagedConnectionPool.java:500)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.getManagedConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:341)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.TxConnectionManager.getManagedConnection(TxConnectionManager.java:315)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:396)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.BaseConnectionManager2$ConnectionManagerProxy.allocateConnection(BaseConnectionManager2.java:842)
  | 	at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrapperDataSource.getConnection(WrapperDataSource.java:88)
  | 	at org.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider.getConnection(DatasourceConnectionProvider.java:69)
  | 	at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:84)

my jbpm-mysql-ds.xml  contains

<xa-datasource>
  |     <jndi-name>JbpmDS</jndi-name>
  |
  |     <xa-datasource-class>com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>
  |     <xa-datasource-property name="URL">${jdbc.mysql.url}</xa-datasource-property>
  |     <user-name>${jdbc.mysql.username}</user-name>
  |     <password>${jdbc.mysql.password}</password>
  |
  |     <!-- reduce isolation from the default level (repeatable read) -->
  |     <transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED</transaction-isolation>
  |     <!-- separate connections used with and without JTA transaction -->
  |     <no-tx-separate-pools />
  |     <!-- disable transaction interleaving -->
  |     <track-connection-by-tx />

My question is do i need to declare mysql-ds.xml in deploy folder with datasource called JbpmDS or I need to overwrite the url ,username and passsword of jbpm-mysql-ds.xml with my own values?

I have tried to override the values of url etc if jbpm-mysql-ds.xml then there is no error but database tables are not generated automatically..

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211589#4211589

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4211589