[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Single Dashboard For Multiple Portal

sambit_dixit do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 19 17:55:57 EST 2009

Sourav,
  Here is what i think it is there in dashboard in jboss portal currently.
  Dashboard is with respect to a single portal context and hence what pages available to a portal only can be added to a dashboard. What i'm trying achive is to provide a dashboard which will be an aggregation of portals. I know at design time we can create another portal where we can create pages as there in already available portals and then associate the portlets to each of these page. But lets say there are already 2 portals running in a single portal instance. At run time we would like to show 2 pages from portal 1 and another 3 pages from portal 2. Where in portal 1 and 2 you have defined page level access specific to user / group. So when the user login to dashboard he can see the appropriate pages from respective portals. To summarize i'm looking at dashboard as parent portal window which can aggregate multiple portals which in turn can have multiple pages and which in turn can have multiple portlets.

Regards
-Sambit

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211657#4211657

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4211657