[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Socket invocator and long transactions

doychin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 20 02:23:17 EST 2009

Looks like there is some problem with long running transactions when used with socket invocation.

I found that no matter what I will specify for transaction time out I get exception from server for trying to call statefull bean second time after 6 minutes. I'm sure there is no second call and that second call comes from the same thread that created the first call so it is not in my code but instead something internally in client side remoting code.

>From what I see it looks like jboss remoting client code does not respect the availability of UserTransaction and it's timeout.

Is there a solution for this problem or and updated version of remoting that supports user transactions?

Is the only solution is now to increase the timeout for invocation?

If I increase it to much isn't that a source for more problems later?

Doychin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211696#4211696

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4211696