[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Own DLQ for EJB3-MDB via ActivationConfigProperty doesn't wo

camunda do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 20 07:12:16 EST 2009

Hi!

currently I have a problem with an EJB3-MDB which should have an own DLQ configured. As far as I found this can be done via ActivationConfigProperties in EJB3.

So I added these Annotations to my MDB:

  | @MessageDriven(name="CommandMessageDrivenBean", activationConfig = {
  |      @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType", propertyValue="javax.jms.Queue")
  |     , at ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination", propertyValue="queue/CommandQueue")
  |     , at ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="user",propertyValue="root")
  |     , at ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="password",propertyValue="xxx")
  |     , at ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="DLQJNDIName", propertyValue="queue/CommandDLQ")
  |     , at ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="DLQUser", propertyValue="root")
  |     , at ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="DLQPassword",propertyValue="xxx")
  |     , at ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="DLQMaxResent",propertyValue="0")
  | })
  | public class CommandMDB implements MessageListener {

But still the default DLQ (queue/DLQ) is used if an exception is thrown in the MDB. This puzzles me.

If I configure a non existent queue in the ActivationConfigProperty "DLQJNDIName", I get an exception that the queue is not available:

  | 2009-02-20 13:11:10,517 WARN  WARN  [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivation] (WorkManager(2)-11:) Failure in jms activation org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivationSpec at 716b8f(ra=org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsResourceAdapter at db19d3 destination=queue/CommandQueue isTopic=false tx=true durable=false reconnect=10 provider=java:/DefaultJMSProvider user=root pass=<not shown> maxMessages=1 minSession=1 maxSession=15 keepAlive=60000 useDLQ=true DLQHandler=org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.dlq.GenericDLQHandler DLQJndiName=queue/InvalidDLQ DLQUser=null DLQMaxResent=5)
  | javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: queue/InvalidDLQ
  |         at org.jboss.ha.jndi.TreeHead.lookup(TreeHead.java:242)
  |         at org.jboss.ha.jndi.HAJNDI.lookup(HAJNDI.java:155)
  |         at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor92.invoke(Unknown Source)
  |         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
  |         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
  |         at org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.HARMIClient.invoke(HARMIClient.java:312)
  |         at $Proxy255.lookup(Unknown Source)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:667)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:627)
  |         at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
  |         at org.jboss.util.naming.Util.lookup(Util.java:215)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.dlq.AbstractDLQHandler.setupDLQDestination(AbstractDLQHandler.java:106)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.dlq.AbstractDLQHandler.setup(AbstractDLQHandler.java:82)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.dlq.JBossMQDLQHandler.setup(JBossMQDLQHandler.java:48)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivation.setupDLQ(JmsActivation.java:369)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivation.setup(JmsActivation.java:315)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivation$SetupActivation.run(JmsActivation.java:635)
  |         at org.jboss.resource.work.WorkWrapper.execute(WorkWrapper.java:204)
  |         at org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicTaskWrapper.run(BasicTaskWrapper.java:275)
  |         at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:756)
  |         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

So I think the property is read correctly...

Any ideas?
Thanks
Bernd

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211773#4211773