[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Help with JBOSS Log Configuration

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 23 15:56:23 EST 2009

The boot.log is configured via the log4j.properties file located within bin.run.jar.  Once the app sever has been bootstrapped, that configuration is dropped and the conf/log4j.xml configuration used for logging instead.

I pasted your RollingFileAppender configuration into my log4j.xml file and it worked just fine. But I used 4.0.2, not 4.0.1.SP1.

The last two lines in my boot.log file are:

12:52:57,788 DEBUG [Log4jService] Creating jboss.system:type=Log4jService,service=Logging
12:52:57,788 INFO  [Log4jService$URLWatchTimerTask] Configuring from URL: resource:log4j.xml

Do you have anything like this in your boot.log file? Or is there an error?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4212421#4212421

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4212421