[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Possible bug in Jboss-messaging-2.0.0-alpha1

lidgaca do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 24 06:50:25 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm new here, so I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum. I've been playing around with the new jboss messaging component - great work by the way.

However I think I've found a bug - it looks as tho' the journal files used for persistence are not being cleaned out.

I have a producer that constantly generates persistent messages to a queue, and a number of consumer threads that try to read the messages as fast as they can. I run both together to benchmark the broker. At the end of the test I shut the producer down (usually by terminating it). The broker reports the following warning, but I don't think this is telling me anything important

11:35:25,258 WARN  @NioProcessor-4 [ConnectionManagerImpl] A problem has been detected with the connection to remote client 21323983. It is possible the client has exited without closing its connection(s) or the network has failed. All connection resources corresponding to that client process will now be removed.

I leave the consumer threads running after the producer has shutdown to make sure the queue has been drained. With other brokers (activemq for one) I've been able to see that the queue is indeed drained, and that the persistent message store is reduced to a minimum

However with jboss-messaging-2.0.0.alpha1 I *never* see any of the journal files (data/journal/jbm-data-<time_t>.jbm deleted, they just pile up in the journal directory.

I suspect that this bug has already been logged at

https://cloud.prod.atl2.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-1509;jsessionid=8791B1A3F762C51383B54665D1A9A483?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel

but thought it was worth raising here just in case.

-- Chris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4212574#4212574

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4212574