[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - WIP: XForms editor based on VPE

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 24 08:26:29 EST 2009

Hi,

The docbook example made me think that an XForms editor could be created using the VPE. It basically is xhtml, so I thought it would not be that difficult.

And... it turned out indeed not to be, at least not the basics. Almost the full set of xforms elements can be rendered in one way or another. Only the range and datepicker still need to be done, but that is just work.

Now I want to extend it in two directions:
- ctrl-click on an attribute value and be moved to the corresponding node (lots of in-document references are used)
- validation. e.g. if a referenced node does not exist put a red ~~~ under the attribute.

And later on even with code completion in attributes (referenced nodes e.g.)

I'd appreciate if someone could point me to locations in e.g. the existing jsf editor where these things are done so I can use it as an example. Up to now I was able to find my way around, but I seem to be lost now.

btw, I want this project to be opensource so if anyone is interested either in helping out or in giving it a try and provide feedback, let me know.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4212600#4212600

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4212600