[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Maximum number of nodes and limiting memory usage

vinayknl.61 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 27 07:29:29 EST 2009

Hi All,

I am planning to create a caching layer for my application.

Here my requirements are to cache lots of data, So, i have to end up creating lot of nodes and ofcourse lot of data under each node ( say a million nodes and some GB's of data altogether).

I would like to know are there any potential issues in creating millions of nodes ?

Also I would like to know whether we can configure JBoss cache such that it can use only a certain amount of memory ( say 2 GB ) and above which eviction kicks in ( or something similar happens) so that there will not be a case of out of Memory exception. I am aware of the fact that we can limit the max number of nodes but need to know whether there are other solutions to minimize memory related issues.

Thanks in advance.

-Vinay

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4213707#4213707

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4213707