[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Problem accessing a class outside the portlet WAR

Putzeudel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 2 12:33:14 EST 2009

I have a web project with a portlet that uses a JSP. This JSP uses a FormBean from within the WAR, and this class uses a class outside the WAR (simple java project). All development is done in eclipse ganymede with the latest jboss tools and latest dev portal server (2.7).
In eclipse i can even use auto complete for methods on this external class, but during runtime the class can not be found. I get the following error:
An error occurred at line: 13 in the jsp file: /jsp/view.jsp
  | The type businessmodel.RaumklimaBO cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

RaumklimaBO is the external class. Usage is as follows:

  | <jsp:useBean id="raumklimaFormBean" class="classes.RaumklimaFormBean" scope="session"/>
  | <%= raumklimaFormBean.getRaumklimaListe()[0].getSensorDescription() %>

RaumklimaFormBean uses RaumklimaBO.

Is the usage in the jsp wrong? I copied it from somewhere ;) I also tried to manually include the bin folder for the class in question into the CLASSPATH, but that did not change anything ...
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199254#4199254

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4199254