[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Why so many retries?

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 3 05:19:22 EST 2009

"mohitanchlia" wrote :
  | I made the change to EJB deployer only but for some reason it didn't work because I had a typo.

I don't follow.  What's the outcome?

"mohitanchlia" wrote :
  | Upgrading the jboss remoting might be a problem with Jboss support group. In order to continue to get their support they require us to use that comes in their distribution.

Are you saying you have a JBoss support contract?  In that case (1) you should go through the support portal for help (which, in general, will guarantee more timely and dedicated attention than I can supply on the fourm), and (2) you should probably upgrade the whole EAP 4.2/4.3 product, which will include a newer version of Remoting.

"mohitanchlia" wrote :
  | In any case why numberOfRetries is not supported in new Jboss remoting?

One of the reasons for using "numberOfRetries" was, when the maximum number of connections were already in use, to check periodically to see if a connection had been returned to the pool.  We have a better way of doing that now.

See thread "Socket Invoker timeout" at http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=148027.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199320#4199320

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4199320