[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Why so many retries?

mohitanchlia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 3 14:32:00 EST 2009

anonymous wrote : I don't follow. What's the outcome?

It worked just fine. It reduced the number of times it was trying to get the Socket (client invoker) to the server. I have another question though, In clustered environment when is the pool created on client side? Because until client gets first request it will not know which servers to connect to. Is it that after first client invocation "CLIENT" retains the connection?

anonymous wrote :
  | anonymous wrote : "mohitanchlia" wrote:
  |   |
  |   | In any case why numberOfRetries is not supported in new Jboss remoting?
  |   |
  |   |
  | One of the reasons for using "numberOfRetries" was, when the maximum number of connections were already in use, to check periodically to see if a connection had been returned to the pool. We have a better way of doing that now.

When I read the documentation of new Jboss remoting it still has numberOfRetries. I am still confused about how retries work because what you described differs from what's mentioned in the doc. Or may be the way I am interpreting is not right. My understanding is that server registry creates ClientInvoker (MicroSocket) and returns. Now when ClientInvoker tries to establish remote connection and at that time it tries for numberOfRetries until it gets successful connection.

And also as I understand timeout value is associated with the initial connection, which means if the timeout is set 5000 ms and numberOfRetries to 2 then there will be 2 attempts and each attempt will timeout in 5000 ms
http://www.jboss.org/jbossremoting/docs/guide/2.2/html_single/index.html

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199353#4199353

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4199353