[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Never used an app server - would it solve my problem?

klogger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 5 06:49:49 EST 2009

Hello,

I have never used an app server in more than the most fleeting of terms. I have used Tomcat for a number of years and have now hit a problem that I am not sure how to solve. The problem is as follows:

1) I have several web apps running in Tomcat;
2) They need to share objects between them, specifically Spring Security objects that assist with login;
3) Currently I think I am hitting a classloader issue where, because Tomcat initiates the webapps with different classloaders the objects are considered to be different when I pass them around through the servletContexts.

If I used JBoss, could I pass my object from WebApp-A through JBoss, to WebApp-B and use it without getting my current ClassCastException?

I am thinking this won't work as Tomcat would still be responsible for creating the Spring Security object. I think I would need to implement all the authentication in JBoss whereas currently I am using Jasig's Central Authentication Service which runs as a war file in Tomcat.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199517#4199517

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4199517