[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Recommended Memory Usage

emmitt1219 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 6 19:10:54 EST 2009

We are in the process of upgrading from 4.0.4 to eap 4.3. I was reading the datasheet for eap 4.3, and it suggests 512mb ram as a minimum system requirement. I was wondering if this refers to half a gig of overall actual memory on the physical server or the amount of process space available to the app server.

Also, on the wiki, I have come across this formula to calculate process space: TotalProcessSpace = .5GB(java overhead) + Heap + (Threads*ThreadStackSize)

http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-11564

Is it suggesting that the overhead for jvm operations may take up half a gig of ram outside of the heap and stack memory allocated?

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199945#4199945

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4199945