[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Client socket timeout

gsanderson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 6 20:28:52 EST 2009

Actually, while this is likely my problem for the debugging case, I believe that it is much more likely that in the other cases, the client closes the connection.

This happens because there is a ConnectionValidator associated with the JMS connection (not sure the exact details yet), and this is pinging every 2ms.

I don't think the ping frequency is even the real problem (though it seems alarmingly high) I think the problem is that the SO_TIMEOUT used when checking the connection is only 1 second !!!! (note this is in the jboss remoting code)

Is this really the expected behavior? Your JMS connection gets closed if pinging the server takes more than a second?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4199951#4199951

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4199951