[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Recommended Memory Usage

emmitt1219 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 7 20:11:01 EST 2009

Thank you for your insight, Peter.

Currently, we are planning on going vmware. Each of our vmware image will have 2 gig of ram assigned to it. We are trying to figure out just exactly how many instances of JBoss AS we can run on each of these images. Assuming that we have each JBoss instance set to run at 400-500mb of max heap size, we have figured that we can probably run two instances on each image. Now given the formula presented, we are putting away 500mb for misc jvm operations. If we run two instances, will that misc number have to double?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200216#4200216

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200216