[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EBJ configuration help needed!!!

JKV do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 8 00:20:22 EST 2009

Hello,

I am running EJB3.0 along with hibernate in jboss 4.2.2. I am having an EJB with method Parent() which calls another EJB with a method
A() which in turn calls a DAO layer method B() which makes a select statment. I have given @TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRES_NEW)
for method A(). I printed the execution time of the method A() in method Parent() and printing the execution time of the query within  the DAO
method B().

They are as follows in secs
A() - 0.063 -> B() - 0.015
A() - 0.063 -> B() - 0.031
A() - 1.563 -> B() - 0.032
A() - 1.875 -> B() - 1.531
A() - 1.828 -> B() - 1.578

Why is there a sudden increase in excecution time (1.563) of method A() even when my corrresponding DAO method B() takes only little time (0.032) to complete. The corresponding calls are all increased.. The calls to method A() will be approximately 40 per second so my application is fast running. Is there something wrong in configurations of my JBOSS or is there a way to avoid it ???

Thanks in Advance
Regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200234#4200234

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200234