[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - problem with eclipse 3.2.2 and jbpm jpdl designer!!

bonaparte do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 8 12:43:49 EST 2009

Hello all,

I'm a newbie with jBPM and just woulk like to start to use it in eclipse.
My banking company uses RSA7, so underlying eclipse 3.2.2 as IDE.

I'vre tried to install many versions of jbpm-jpdl-designer as eclipse plugin, among which 3.1.6, 3.1.5, and 3.1.3.SP2, but unfortunately no one is running well.
More exactly, the installation happens well (except for the documentation feature, as said in an ealier post, that generates an exception) but if i don't choose this option and only jBPM jPDL Tools 3.1.6, all is ok.

The problem is that when i restart the eclipse, i just don't see any File ->New -> Project -> jBPM Project.

What i am exacty doing during installation:
- download  eclipse-SDK-3.2.2-win32.zip and extract it in $eclipse-folder.
- download jbpm-jpdl-designer-3.1.6.zip, extract it somewhere and copy feature and plugin folders in $eclipse-folder
- open eclipse

no File->New->Project->Jbpm Project!!!!
although the plugin is well installed. i verify it by Help->Software Update-> Manage Configuration, i can see the item jBPM jPDL Tools 3.1.6!

What's wrong with this way of doing?
Did anyone be successfull on installing designer plugin with eclipse 3.2.2?

By the way, i doesn't seem to work neither with eclipse 3.4!

Having spent about a day searching, reading and testing, I could do with some clues as to where to look next.

I'd very much appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200406#4200406

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200406