[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Identifying the thread that is eating up my CPU

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 8 16:24:40 EST 2009

Are you, by any chance, running with the kernel option that shows each thread as its own process? I can't recall the option name off hand, but if you do a "ps -ef | grep java", how many entries do you get?

Based on the jps output, I suspect that 21997 is the process (and the master thread for the process) while 21998 is just a thread.

The best way to find out what is taking up all the processor is to run jstack several time, each time a few seconds apart, and look at the threads that are still in the same code. You can ignore the http threads waiting on objects - instead look for threads running your code.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200443#4200443

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200443