[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - JBoss on http behind https proxy

imnes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 9 08:44:50 EST 2009

We have two jboss servers running http on port 8080 behind an SSL proxy (https port 443).  When the users come in they come through

https://proxyserver:443/MyApplication

But pages in our application (relying on getScheme, getServerName() etc) are building redirects and URLs pointing to

http://internal-server-n:8080/MyApplication

Have configured the jboss server.xml <connector ...> by adding
proxyPort="443"
proxyName="proxyserver"
scheme="https"

Once I deploy with that, then URLs are built correctly pointing back to https on the proxy.  Is this the right solution?  Seems to work fine for a while then eventually fails (maybe due to some other issue).  After a few hours users start getting a mixture of values for URLs

http://proxyserver:80/MyApplication
https://internal-server-n/MyApplication
https://proxyserver:80/MyApplication

Not even sure where 80 is coming from since the internal server is on 8080.  I just want to be sure that the solution explained above is the right one before I start investigating this issue.

Nick

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200567#4200567

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200567