[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: JBoss 5 deployment error

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 9 11:15:22 EST 2009

I hadn't tried reproducing this so far. Today i got this reproduced on JBoss-5.0 GA. The issue happens in the following scenario:

1) Your application is packaged as EAR
2) Your application has a jboss-app.xml with classloader configuration (does not matter whether it is java2ParentDelegation=false or  java2ParentDelegation=true)
3) You have an EJB in which there is a @Resource injection happening for a application specific type  (i.e. the class/interface belongs to your own application)

In this specific scenario, you see this ClassNotFoundException. This is a bug.

I am sure there's definitely some other place where the @Resource injection of application specific class is happening. Are you sure you deployed the fresh files (cleanup existing ones from JBoss).

"jaikiran" wrote :
  | The code which you posted, shows self-injection

Based on the test case that i have, this has got nothing to do with self-injection. Injecting resource of type myapp.A into myapp.B manifests this problem.

Possible workarounds:

1) Probably the easiest - Remove all @Resource injection of application specific classes
OR
2) Deploy the application as a standalone jar instead of EAR. The problem does not arise in a standalone jar
OR
3) Do not configure classloading through jboss-app.xml - You can leave that file empty or remove it. From what you posted, i see that you are not using this jboss-app.xml for anything else.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200639#4200639

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200639