[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Error while starting JBoss

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 9 15:35:15 EST 2009

I suspect that you have a stray catalina.jar file in your classpath, possibly from an installation of Tomcat. Try adding the "-verbose:class" JVM option to the JAVA_OPTS - this option will print out the location of the JAR file for each class loaded. This will help to determine if you do have a stray jar file somewhere.

I don't have a Mac, so I do not know how env vars are set there, but on Windows and Linux I do NOT set a CLASSPATh environment variable. I find that doing so causes more problems than it solves.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200711#4200711

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200711