[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - method overloading issue in 4.2.2 ? Wrong target message. Wh

jbosseron do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 11 14:02:38 EST 2009

I am trying to create a MBean and test in the JMX console.

It deploys fine and shows up in the JMX console,
but as soon as I call the method with no argument and later tries to call the method with an argument it fails with a "wrong target" error message.

Is it a known issue or am I doing something wrong here?

It works fine if I rename one of the methods so there is no overloading...

I'm using 4.2.2.GA and JDK1.5.0_14

Here is test code that will break once jared up and deployed(2 files):

//Test.java
package test;

public interface Test {
	public String aMethod(String aString);
	public String aMethod();
}

//TestMBean.java
package test;

import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.Management;
import org.jboss.annotation.ejb.Service;

@Service(objectName="A:service=test")
@Management(Test.class)
public class TestMBean implements Test{

	public String aMethod(String string) {