[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: jboss on mac 10.5.5: simple portlet helloworld..error 40

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 11 15:14:46 EST 2009

Just because NetBeans lets you create a portlet does not mean that you can run it. Unless you have JBoss Portal installed, which is a portlet container, your portlet will not run.

Also, if you are new to web application development, I recommend that you use a simple text editor to edit all files, both source and configuration, and use the command line to build and deploy the WAR file. At this point I do not know if the problem is with NetBeans or with JBoss AS, and because I don't use NetBeans I cannot tell you what buttons to push to get it to work. Unless you are willing to do things manually, I will not be able to help you (though someone with NetBeans experience is welcome to speak up).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200840#4200840

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200840