[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: nullpointer at DatabasePersistencePolicy.listTimerHandle

jbaxter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 12 06:23:55 EST 2009

Hi there, I just had the same problem and managed to solve it!

The error is related to ejb timers and their persistence between server restarts. It seems JBoss is configured by default to use the in-memory database Hypersonic to store information. The root of your problem is that the timer service cannot connect to the persistant datasource.

Our problem was that the Hypersonic data files had become corrupted so the Hypersonic datasource was not being loaded by JBoss, and when it came to start the timer service it could not find the datasource and threw the exception you are seeing.

To wipe the hypersonic database just go to server\default\data\hypersonic and delete all the files in that directory.

Another cause of the problem is having removed the hsqldb-ds.xml file from your deploy directory...

Hope this helps!

James

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200951#4200951

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200951