[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Workflow periodic execution and timers

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 12 13:45:39 EST 2009

anonymous wrote :
  | I would like to know if it's possible to have periodic execution of a certain workflow definition.

Yes

anonymous wrote :
  | In case the answer is YES, and jBPM offers this scheduling functionality, could anyone point me in the right direction ?

jBPM does not offer this. Use e.g. quartz. jBPM 4 will most likely support this, but maybe not in the initial 4.0 release

anonymous wrote :
  |   I have tried to use timers (using the repeat property), but without too much success.

Timers with repeat work perfectly, just not for starting processes

anonymous wrote :
  |   Also I have been looking at the documents but I am having problems for using timers specifying an absolute value. Could anyone provide me a basic example where the basedate is defined ? I have been examples in the manual, but I am not able to find where  dateOfPension  (as an example) is defined, or how to define it (java code ? other configuration file ? in the bussines calendar config file??)
  |
  |  <timer name="pensionReminder" duedate="#{dateOfPension} - 1 year" >...</timer>

dateOfPension is a processvariable, just like any other thing in EL (or a seam component if jBPM is used in seam)

anonymous wrote :
  |  Thanks.
  |  Jose.

You're welcome