[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Question regarding using shutdown with -e

matthewtap do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 12 14:38:21 EST 2009

I'm too new with JBoss to just be able to do both commands and be sure of what I'm seeing, so I'm hoping someone can help me with this question.

In using the shutdown.bat command to shutdown JBoss, there's the option of:
>          shutdown -S
in order to shutdown the server [which I assume has the same effect as using ctrl +C in the JBoss command window].

but there is also:
>         shutdown -e
which has the description stating it will "Force the VM to exit with a status code."

I was hoping I could get some insight as to what exactly this means/how it differs (aside from the status code) from shutting down the server...

... as in, does this mean the JVM will shutdown but somehow JBoss stays up?  Or is it that JBoss shuts down because the JVM exits from supporting JBoss?

I greatly appreciate any assistance anyone can give.
Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4201145#4201145

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4201145