[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Service POJO JNDI Binding Problem

ralfsteppacher do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 16 07:08:54 EST 2009

First of all, thanks for the quick response.

"alesj" wrote :
  | Read my reply here - the first part:
  |  - http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=148288
  |
  | Or add more details of what you're trying to do.

Can you be a bit more specific where in the source tree of webbeans-ri-int I need to look?

More information about what I try to do:
I have created several service POJOs that basically replace static initializers, setting implementations, strategies, etc. One of the services also manages the Hibernate configuration for me, such that modules that are deployed can add properties and mapped entities at runtime and subsequent requests for sessions are aware of those.
At runtime I want to make the Hibernate configuration available to application code that is not a service, i.e. the deployed application. For that I need a way to get a handle on the service, to call a business method like getHibernateConfig() on the service.

I was quite surprised that apparently there is no simple and straightforward way for local client code to call a method on a serivice, which indicates to me that I might not have understood the pojo service concept.

"alesj" wrote :
  | I guess you need this -- see AspectManager bean.

I replaced the section in <JBOSS_HOME>/server/default/conf/aop.xml which was exactly the same as what you sent but for the bean name and the "name simplification". This makes JBoss AS fail to start. If I put the XML into the right place, I can post the (rather long) stack traces.

Could you be more specific about what I should look at in AspectManager?

Thanks
Ralf

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4202429#4202429

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4202429