[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Configuration issue

DanielTravin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 19 11:00:24 EST 2009

I think I understand you advise, but i doubt whether this appoach synchronize data between JVMs that use same node if none of them is a coordinator?

Example of JVMs and nodes that they use

Coordinaror JVM
/UK
/UK/Cardiff
/UK/London
/UK/Bristol
/Spain
/Spain/Madrid
/Spain/Barselona

JVM1:
/Spain
/Spain/Madrid

JVM2:
/UK/Bristol
/UK

JVM3:
/UK/Cardiff
/UK

JVM4:
/Spain
/Spain/Barselona

So, when JVM3 changes a leaf of /UK, the instance of JBC must propagate changes to JVM2 and to coordinator immediately.
As far as I see from the source code TcpDelegatingCLassloader will send changes only to coordinator JVM node through CacheServer.

And does this TCPDelegatingCacheLoader make use of UDP and multicasting?

My problem is that I am trying to cluster a TreeCache  between JVMs on the LAN. But I do not want to share the entire tree between all members of the cluster in order to reduce traffic.

The configuration I expect to exist is like this
For coordinator JVM
<clustering mode="replication" clusterName="MySmartCluster" coordinatorNode="true">

For JVM1
<clustering mode="replication" clusterName="MySmartCluster" coordinatorNode="false">
  | <fgnlist>
  |   <fqn>/Spain</fqn>
  |   <fqn>/Spain/Madrid</fqn>
  | </fqnlist>