[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - WSCompileTool can't find javac.Main

cmarques do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 19 14:48:24 EST 2009

Greetings,

I am trying to deploy the Hello World example included with BPEL, however wscompiletools is using a different classpath than my environment variable and therefore can't find java's tools.jar.  Here are my current versions/settings and the error that gets logged.

Linux Fedora 9
JBOSS-AS-4.2.2.GA
JBPM-BPEL-1.1.GA
Java JDK 1.5.0_07
JWSDP-2.0

echo $JAVA_HOME
/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.5.0_07

echo $CLASSPATH
/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.5.0_07/lib/tools.jar

[org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WsdlServiceTool] wrote interface definition: hello.wsdl
[org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WsdlServiceTool] wrote binding definition: hello-binding-1.wsdl
[org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WsdlServiceTool] wrote service definition: hello-service.wsdl
[org.jbpm.bpel.xml.DeploymentDescriptorWriter] registered catalog writer: catalog=org.jbpm.bpel.integration.catalog.UrlCatalog, class=org.jbpm.bpel.xml.UrlCatalogWriter
[org.jbpm.bpel.xml.DeploymentDescriptorWriter] registered catalog writer: catalog=org.jbpm.bpel.integration.catalog.CentralCatalog, class=org.jbpm.bpel.xml.CentralCatalogWriter
[org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WsdlServiceTool] wrote deployment descriptor: bpel-deployment.xml
[org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WscompileTool] wrote configuration: wscompile7322.xml
[org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WscompileTool] using classpath: /usr/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/lib/jboss-jaxrpc.jar:/usr/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/lib/jboss-saaj.jar
[org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WscompileTool] error : com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not available in the classpath..
[org.jbpm.bpel.tools.WscompileTool] error: compilation failed, errors should have been reported
[org.jbpm.bpel.xml.ProblemHandler] java mapping generation failed

Pulling this out of the log file I saw that WscompileTool is not using the classpath I have set.  I assume it is getting this from one of Ant's xml scripts and needs to have the tools.jar in its path also to find the javac class.  I have had no luck finding where this path is set.  If that is indeed the issue does anyone know which file sets this path so I can update it, or if I am off base what else might be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

    Chris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4203015#4203015

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4203015