[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - reasonable defaults for CORBA configuration?

jhalliday do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 20 09:31:25 EST 2009

I'm having issues when running org.jboss.test.jca.test.TxConnectionManagerStressTestCase with the CORBA based transaction service (JBossTS JTS). I can make the test pass, but to do so I need to mess with various combinations of:

ulimit -s
ulimit -u
java -Xss
jacorb.poa.queue_max
jacorb.poa.thread_pool_max

and even then I still need to turn down the log4j threshold or the disk writes slow things down to the point that the test times out.

We already recommend JTS users increase jacorb.poa.thread_pool_max (from 8 to 32), but that alone is not sufficient to get the test to pass.

So, my question is: is it ok for the test to fail with the default settings for the above parameters. If not, what default parameters can we reasonably ship JBossAS with given typical user hardware specs, and/or how far can we reasonably cut back the test before it becomes meaningless.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4203284#4203284

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4203284