[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: EJB3 issue on Jboss5

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 22 04:07:47 EST 2009

So by plain java class you don't mean standalone java client.

"venuwin" wrote :

  | let me explain : We have one EAR file up and running on Jboss5. This ear file contatins EJB3,servlets and core java classes. The client java program sits inside the EAR file.

So its servlet or something hosted on JBossAS5 uses a java class within the app to do a lookup of a EJB3 hosted on JBossAS4.x. So effectively, JBossAS5 is the client of JBossAS4 and you run into:

anonymous wrote : javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.io.InvalidClassException: org.jboss.ejb3.remoting.IsLocalInterceptor; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -3758782
  | 076801249473, local class serialVersionUID = 337700910587744646]

Might be a genuine issue. Let me check.

In the meantime can you confirm that you are not packaging any of the jboss jars in your application?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4203901#4203901

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4203901